Appalachian Kitchens - Dedicated to Green
We recycle almost everything from our manufacturing process.
- Cardboard - Broken down, banded, and returned to the
local landfill for recycling.
- Packing Peanuts - Either bagged and returned to the local
pack and ship for reuse or used by Appalachian Kitchens to
ship products thereby reducing waste and cost.
- Plastic Bags - Collected and returned to the local grocery
where plastic bags are collected.
- Wine Bottles - Delivered to a local glass artist for use in
their decorative wind chimes and fused glass jewelry.
Please visit www.bottlebenders.com for a look see.
- Glass Jars - We have an in-store policy of crediting
customers that bring in their empty jars against future
purchases. Also, small glass containers that come through
our kitchen are filled with the batch overruns and given to
churches and charities that have "feed the hungry" programs.
Shopping on line saves time and gas.
And you shop from the comfort and
convenience of your home.
And consumables like jams and candles
make perfect gifts. One size fits all and
they are always appreciated.
|Supporting the Georgia Made Georgia Grown Sustainable Initiative